Four WesternU faculty members gave presentations at CSHP Seminar:
Patrick Chan, "Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Considerations in Geriatric Patients".
Janice Hoffman and Sam Shimomura "Updated Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication in Older Adults".
Benjamin Malcolm, Kelly Lee and Kimberly Tallian. “Deciphering Treatment Advances in Neuropsychopharmacology: A Case-based Approach”.
WesternU faculty members and students authored 10 posters:
1. Yang D, Uh K, Richman M, Chan P. Influence of antipsychotic drugs on alcohol-related readmission in concurrent bipolar and alcohol abuse patients.
2. Hung J, Dinh N, Richman M, Chan P. Influence of antipsychotic drugs on alcohol-related readmission in concurrent schizophrenia and alcohol abuse patients.
3. Phan D, Pham L, Huang, Richman M, Chan P. Effect of discharge antipsychotics on future substance-related readmission in concurrent schizoaffective disorder and substance abuse patients.
4. Alice Deng; Adrian Lau; Grace Tran; Ajmal Zarifi; PharmD Candidates Class of 2018; Nora Elmajian; Theresa Hoang; Allison Lee; Jelina Nguyen; PharmD Candidates Class of 2019; Patrick Chan, PharmD; Janice Hoffman, PharmD; Marie Davies, PharmD. Evaluation of Attitudes Towards the Advancement of Outpatient and Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Roles - CAPSLEAD Project..
5. Divvjyot Singh, Marvin Ortiz, Van Pham, Alice Deng, Maribel Garcia, Kevin Mai, Grace Tran, Linh Luong; PharmD Candidates Class of 2018; Hyma Gogineni, PharmD; Marie L Davies, PharmD. Evaluation of Students’ Perceptions of Physical Assessment Videos.
6. Nathan Schumacher, PharmD Candidate Class of 2017, Marie Davies, PharmD. Evaluation of predictors and prescribing patterns for different doses of high intensity statins in patients with diabetes.
7. Hyunh, D., Shmaeff, B., Smith, R., Hoffman, J. "Impact of Reducing Serotonin Burden In Elderly Long-Term Care Residents."
8. Nai-Hsuan Li, Eleanor Liu, Aya Fukuma Ozaki, Pharm.D. Candidate and Huan Mark Nguyen, Pharm.D., BCPS, FCSHP , Amy Kum, Pharm.D., BCPS, Dianna Nguyen, Pharm.D. Evaluation of dexmedetomidine administration in critically ill patients.
9. Rachel Enerio, PharmD, Mark Huan Nguyen, PharmD, BCPS, Amy Kum, PharmD, BCPS, and Yang Qiu, Menchie Yanagidara, Kevin Dang PharmD Candidate. Effective and Timely Hyperglycemia Management in Non-Critically Ill Patients. Evaluation of dexmedetomidine administration in critically ill patients.
10. Jacklyn Bradley, PharmD Candidate; Huan Mark Nguyen, PharmD, BCPS. NAC induced elevations in PT/INR when treating acetaminophen toxicity: Case report and literature review.